slideshow

Monday, September 12, 2011

jordan+shaunna "the homecoming of her love" part1

It's hard for me to even start writing this blog, because I can't even explain how cool this photo session was in words. Good thing I have photographs to help me... 
Shaunna and Jordan are from Oregon, I met Shaunna a while back at a mutual friend's wedding while visiting in Portland. She asked me if we could capture the homecoming of her fiance, coming back from an 8 month tour at war on his Navy ship. 8 months!!!! and I was complaining about Duane going on tour with his band........ 
So, we followed her around that day, and got to capture the intense, emotional, exciting, intimate reunion of the two of them. 
I can't even thank them enough for asking us to be a part of this moment in their lives!! I feel honored to have had this chance, in a way it changed me. After they saw each other, we had the opportunity to actually go on the ship and take some photos, and I have to be honest, I was nervous. But these photos are some of my very favorite of all time. I don't know if it's because of the emotions I felt that day watching families and loved ones reunite, or just because these two are amazing people who I hope to have as friends for my life! (plus they are so good looking!!) I hope the photos speak for themselves, and we truly are thankful that we were there. Thank you for your service Jordan. I look forward to hopefully being able to shoot your wedding, and also to enjoying your friendship.... take a peak :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North County San Diego, CA, United States
Professional wedding and portrait photographers in San Diego Area.